Call Us: : 510-523-0111

When Can I Change My Individual Plan?

You may change or apply for health care coverage during an annual open enrollment period. Outside of the open enrollment period, you can enroll or change your coverage only if you have experienced a situation known as a triggering event. For example, if you get married, have a baby, or lose coverage because you lose your job — all triggering events — you will have a special enrollment period.

In some situations, if you are aware of a triggering event that will occur in the future, you may be able to apply for new coverage prior to the triggering event. For example, if you know you will lose coverage, you have 60 days before your loss of coverage and 60 days after your loss of coverage to apply for health coverage.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *